LSWS 3.0 admin interface problem

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by alex, Mar 16, 2007.

1. alex

alex New Member

After upgrading to the 3.0 release version when I try to access the web interface I get the screen for the username and password. After entering those a pop up comes up that says:
    Internet explorer cannot open the Internet site http://xxxxxxxx
    Operation aborted
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Did you upgrade from command line or via the web admin interface?
    There might be something wrong with the later, please try a manual upgrade then restart the server.
  3. garrow

garrow New Member

This issue is most likely caused by the use of YUI. Unfortunately a manual reinstall doesn't seem to fix it.

I googled "IE operation aborted javascript" and found the following about the
    "Operation Aborted" message.

Chances are you are calling some object's render method before IE has had a chance to build the DOM (of course, every other browser seems to work fine). More annoyingly, this seems to be a race condition, so you might not always catch it.

http://www.technovelty.org/code/web/yui-rendering.html

The error is particular to IE6/IE7.
  4. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

We found that it relates to the number of tooltips on the page. When there are more than 10 tooltips, we got the error. Will investigate more.
  5. hugemikeyd

hugemikeyd New Member

Have you guys figured anything out regarding this? I still see the issue with 3.0.2
  6. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

My IE6 on WinXP works well with the admin console.
    Which version of IE are you using?
  7. hugemikeyd

hugemikeyd New Member

I have tried IE6 and IE7, it's very intermittent for me. Sometimes i can login and click around for a while and other times i get an alert that pops up with an error. I do not have any issues using Firefox however.

I am not sure that this matters, but i have compiled my own version of PHP since i need 5.1+ for some apps, but i have followed the same procedure as the version 2 series without issue.

System info is as follows:

Server: LiteSpeed/3.0.2 Standard
    Release: 2.6.16.29-xen
    Version: #3 SMP Sun Oct 15 13:15:34 BST 2006
    Machine: x86_64
  8. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

It is just a YUI/IE issue on the client side, have nothing to do with your PHP binary. :)

Please use Firefox for now. we will try upgrading YUI library see if it helps.
  9. hugemikeyd

hugemikeyd New Member

Works for me :)
  10. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

We updated YUI to the latest release, please give it try see if it helps or not.