Memory limits

Discussion in 'Ruby/Rails' started by gwhite, Nov 6, 2007.

1. gwhite

gwhite New Member

Just curious about the soft and hard memory limits - is there some sort of limit on the maximum values? I currently have 1800M for soft and 2000M for hard. If I try to raise those to higher values I get log messages as below:
    [WARN] [config:server:rails] invalid value of <memSoftLimit>:2200M, use default=0
    [WARN] [config:server:rails] invalid value of <memHardLimit>:2400M, use default=0

I tried with a few different levels with the same result. I don't need more memory currently but I was just curious about what makes it invalid at different settings. The server has 4GB of RAM total. Thanks
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

The maximum value of memory limit is 2GB, it is the maximum value of an signed integer for a 32bit application, 2GB should be enough for most applications.
  3. iwarshak

iwarshak New Member

Assuming we are talking about a Rails external app... Is the memory limit for the master RailsRunner process, or is it the sum of ALL RailsRunner processes?

or example, lets say I have 4 RailsRunner.rb processes running, each 30M. Would my memory usage be 30M, or 120M?
  4. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

It is per process.