New 503 Error

Discussion in 'General' started by theRKF, Jun 18, 2012.

1. theRKF

theRKF Member

I'm using a tool in our CMS dashboard that I've used a thousand times (literally!!) to import an XML file by uploading from my PC. As of this morning, I'm immediately greeted with the famed 503 error.

I do have the graceful restart option enabled, and I've tried a few restarts myself without success.

I would prefer to not have to recompile PHP (as that seems to be the prevailing wisdom on 503s) since PHP was originally compiled by LiteSpeed support in a special configuration.

Any other ieas? I don't see any nuggets of wisdom in the log files, except for the fact that the error occurred.
  2. webizen

webizen New Member

if you did import xml file before without problem, it could be something else. you may want to enable debug logging (admin console => Server => Log => Log Level: DEBUG; Debug Level: low).
  3. theRKF

theRKF Member

I've done this and attached a snippet of the log file (I cleared the log, then tried to run the import, then grepped the log for mentions of this problem site).

I'm not seeing anything that would point to the cause - but you'll probably have a better idea of what you're looking at/for.

Attached Files:

4. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

you can try to disable some php extensions in php.ini, to see if any difference.
  5. theRKF

theRKF Member

No luck there either.
  6. webizen

webizen New Member

seem php failed on import. is it possible you switch to apache and see any difference?
  7. theRKF

theRKF Member

Not possible - if we switch to Apache most sites won't load at all. We have a precisely configured php environment.
  8. webizen

webizen New Member

pm the temporary ssh root access to the server for us to troubleshoot if you like.
  9. theRKF

theRKF Member

Just sent the credentials via PM