Now another issue.. bah

Thanks! It was so weird like now it works but I get:

2008-06-19 13:59:43.227 WARN [config:server:listener] No listener is available for normal virtual host!
2008-06-19 14:00:37.029 ERROR Apache Handled Content CANNOT be enabled, it requires running Apache parallel to LiteSpeed,which means you need to set 'Apache Port Offset' or 'Apache IP Offset' to a non-zero value.
2008-06-19 14:00:37.216 ERROR Apache Handled Content CANNOT be enabled, it requires running Apache parallel to LiteSpeed,which means you need to set 'Apache Port Offset' or 'Apache IP Offset' to a non-zero value.
2008-06-19 14:00:37.218 WARN [config:server:listener] No listener is available for normal virtual host!
Then once I set the port it breaks more.

Ideally I would like them running together. I also followed the tutorial to fix Subdomain indexing. Now, when I create a subdomain, it doesn't work. All it does is create an invisable dir somewhere. I don't know where. In root typing dir you can see it. But in FTP you can't see it. I can create a folder right there.. Its really weird..

btw I followed this tutorial all the way through too : http://litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:apache:cpanel

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If you do not have a compelling reason to use LSWS with Apache together, it is a lot easier to just use LSWS along.

If you does, you have change Apache listening port to 79, then have LSWS use "Port Offset=1", so LSWS will use port 80 and forward requests back to Apache on Port 79 if need.

If you do not have a compelling reason to use LSWS with Apache together, it is a lot easier to just use LSWS along.

If you does, you have change Apache listening port to 79, then have LSWS use "Port Offset=1", so LSWS will use port 80 and forward requests back to Apache on Port 79 if need.
Does Apache hinder lightspeeds performance in any way? Also, how do you change LS's port? I only see Apache.
Sorry if some questions are dumb.. I've been up for over 24 hours I can't even think straight! lol

Thanks

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You should take a break. :)

You can change Apache's listening port with WHM "Tweak settings".

Running Apache and LSWS at the same time will take more server resource.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I don't know what is the problem with subdomain, it should be cPanel/WHM issue, not really related to LSWS. And it should work as expected no matter Apache or LSWS was used. If you create the subdomain under cPanel, then just remove it under cPanel.