Odd behavior on a site

Discussion in 'Apache Migration/Compatibility' started by felosi, May 31, 2009.

  1. felosi

    felosi New Member

    Ok, this site here - http://cxcscans.zone-anime.com/

    it works fine on IE but not firefox when running litespeed. \


    When on apache it runs fine on both. It is just a wordpress blog with a custom theme.

    Any idea what can cause this?

    Anyone can see by simply looking at the link I posted in firefox, looks like ascci or something.

    UPDATE: Does the same on IE8, I guess this is a script issue maybe? But it does work in apache though
  2. auser

    auser Super Moderator

    Code:
    ~>curl -I http://cxcscans.zone-anime.com
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 08:58:54 GMT
    Server: LiteSpeed
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
    X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.9
    X-Pingback: http://cxcscans.zone-anime.com/xmlrpc.php
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
    Content-Encoding: none
    There's a strange header in the homepage:
    Content-Encoding: none

    testing page:
    PHP:
    <?php
    header
    ("Content-Encoding: none");
    echo 
    "testttttttttttttttttt....";
    ?>
    have same problem as yours.

    2 solutions:
    1.identify why your site's .php has such header
    Content-Encoding: none
    and remove it;

    2.set "Enable Dynamic Compression"
    http://www.litespeedtech.com/docs/webserver/config/tuning/#enableDynGzipCompress
    to "No"

    1st solution is better.
  3. felosi

    felosi New Member

    Thanks, I will tell the client this. I just updated their ticket with this thread. I pretty much have to leave dynamic compression on 1 or some will complain about it. Myself I never seen much benefit on php sites. if anythiing it seems to use more cpu.

    Hopefully they can fix this content thing. I figured it had something to do with the code coming in on client side.

Share This Page