OSCommerce and LiteSpeed

MikeDVB

Hello,

I have a client who just transferred over to one of my servers and is having trouble with their OSCommerce installation getting stuck on "checkout_shipping.php"

I've Google'd the heck out of it and I've not been able to identify the cause - I know that the old provider was running Apache and we're running LiteSpeed - when I did load this account up on an Apache VPS running the same version of PHP the issue goes away so I'm thinking it may either be a php issue or maybe an issue in the way that LiteSpeed handles the post variables to php... I'm grasping at straws to be honest.

Here's the information from firebug:

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

MikeDVB

I upgraded to the latest version of LSWS, LSAPI, and PHP 5.2.13 and the issue still exists.

I set register_long_arrays in the php.ini and verified via phpinfo() that it was set correctly and working and I also set it in .htaccess.

I'm really out of ideas... I could use some assistance trouble-shooting this.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
How about register_global?
If it works properly with Apache on the same server, you should compare the phpinfo() output from Apache and LSWS, I think it is a PHP issue.

MikeDVB

osCommerce on LSWS PHP 5.3.2 works fine for me. Why not upgrade your PHP?
Because it's a production shared server with several clients and not every script is compatible with PHP 5.3.X

How about register_global?
If it works properly with Apache on the same server, you should compare the phpinfo() output from Apache and LSWS, I think it is a PHP issue.
register_globals is on as well - I'm really leaning towards the issue being with their shipping module but I would appreciate it if you could take a look for me as right now the client is just blaming the issue on LiteSpeed which I'd like to dispell.

What baffles me is that it works fine on their old provider's server running Apache + PHP 5.2.X but not on this LiteSpeed powered server.

Last edited:

MikeDVB

I figured this out after comparing the old server and the new, makes me feel almost silly that I didn't notice it was being blocked by the firewall :(

Thanks for the assistance :)