PHP Build Problem

zoom

I thought I would try recompiling PHP using the LiteSpeed SAPI method to match my existing settings for mod_php under Apache. Following the directions outlined in the HOW-TO guide everything seemed to be working until I noticed a problem.

If you use the option --with-config-file-path and specify a path other than where LiteSpeed originally installed the php.ini (in my case /usr/local/lsws/conf) it doesn't seem to use it. When I recompiled php using the default path used when I installed LiteSpeed /usr/local/lsws/conf it seems to acknowledge my changes in the php.ini file.

My question is when you recompile php using the LiteSpeed SAPI method do you have the option to place the php.ini file somewhere else?

Below are the options I used in my original compile.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php4 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var --sharedstatedir=/usr/com --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --cache-file=../config.cache --with-config-file-path=/etc --enable-force-cgi-redirect --enable-pic --enable-gd-native-ttf --disable-rpath --enable-inline-optimization --enable-bcmath --enable-exif --enable-magic-quotes --enable-safe-mode --enable-sockets --enable-discard-path --enable-ftp --enable-track-vars --enable-trans-sid --enable-yp --enable-wddx --enable-calendar --with-db4 --with-curl --with-png-dir=/usr --with-freetype-dir=/usr --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl --with-gd --with-ttf --with-gdbm --with-gettext --with-ncurses --with-gmp --with-iconv --with-png --with-xml --with-expat-dir=/usr --with-zlib --with-layout=GNU --without-oci8 --with-imap --with-imap-ssl=/usr/local/ssl --with-mysql=/usr --with-kerberos --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-pear --with-litespeed

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
We use "--with-config-file-path=../conf", not an absolute path.
The default php configuration file path is /usr/local/lib/php.ini, you can find out which php configuration file the binary is using/looking for from a phpinfo() page.

It is not directly related to LiteSpeed SAPI at all.