PHP Files on one account have error "503 Service Unavailable"

iUnknown

Hello,

As said in the thread title, I have a problem with one hosting account's PHP files. Some of the PHP files are encoded with ioncube, and some are not. All give this error. I have another account with files encoded with ioncube in and they work fine.

This account works fine with apache though.

Thanks.

iUnknown

I posted this in another thread about another issue I was having, and it relates to this:

I've just found that I shouldn't really need to compile PHP because the "Build Matching PHP Binary" actually did work. The reason I thought it didn't was because I thought it was missing a few on the phpinfo() page I made showing the modules... infact it was just missing '--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs'...... obviously, because it's not apache.

I originally thought compiling php again would fix the problem I am having here:

http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/showthread.php?p=12403#post12403

Now this is even more puzzling because both apache's PHP and litespeed's PHP contain the same modules... so that shouldn't be a problem... What could be causing this?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Run LiteSpeed on another port with port offset, then build matching PHP binary. If Apache does not use "PHP suEXEC", then "build matching PHP binary", then you can try disabling PHP suEXEC from LiteSpeed.

iUnknown

This is what I did originally. My apache uses suEXEC and I used the build matching php binary feature. It now won't let me use it again because it's already matching.

Must I disable suEXEC before doing this litespeed build?

Thanks

Edit: Just realised PHP suEXEC and suEXEC are two different things... I believe that I use both... is that a problem?

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
suEXEC is for CGI script, PHP suEXEC is for PHP script.
If you are using Apache mod_php, then your Apache does not do PHP suEXEC.

In easy apache, you can enable "suphp" to enable PHP suEXEC.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Apache's PHP wont affect LiteSpeed PHP. those two are independent.
However, it is a good idea to have Apache and LiteSpeed has similar PHP setup, so you can easily trouble shoot one or another by means of comparison.

If you need to rebuild matching PHP no matter the configuration is match or not, you can remove lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp-5.x.x.

iUnknown

I used the "build matching PHP binary" function originally to rebuild litespeed's php to what I have for apache... so surely it should be identical? Can litespeed's php not have php suexec or something?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Just uninstall LSWS from WHM plugin and start over again.
There is an option to control PHP suEXEC when you reinstall LSWS form WHM plugin. build matching PHP. Make sure to set the "Port Offset", to something like "2000", and open port 2080 from your CSF firewall to test LSWS before put it in production.