Server load same after switch to litespeed

Discussion in 'General' started by bhanuprasad1981, May 16, 2009.

1. bhanuprasad1981

bhanuprasad1981 New Member

hi i am offering shared hosting just , i was on apache and usually load used to be between 1.0-2.0 but server used to crah at the time of regular backups,so i asked my data centre to install litespeed since i was thinking to expand hosting and i dont want crashes , but strange thing even after switch to litespeed load is same ? i tried to enable cache option using cache location to my second drive , but still no luck , please help me to optimize, i have xcache installed on server and main sites are vbulletin sites / image hosting sites :(
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

You cannot use xcache together with suEXEC, it is not efficient as each PHP process creates its own cache memory.

You can try eAccelerator with cache storage in /dev/shm/, but some user experiencing some PHP compatibility issue. Should turn off the optimizer in eAcc. You can search related topic on this forum.
  3. bhanuprasad1981

so shall i remove xcache ? will this help to load my sites pages faster ?
  4. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Just comment out xcache related configuration form php.ini
    Yes, eaccelerator should help.
  5. bhanuprasad1981

any conditions i should say to my management guys to install eaccelerator ?
  6. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Please search the forum on this topic.
  7. auser

auser Super Moderator

Maybe you can try disable XCache first, see if any difference.

If improving a lot, it should explain XCache is the problem -- no cache is even better than with XCache. Then can go ahead to try eAccelerator.