[solved] Errors filling up httpd error log

Discussion in 'General' started by Neil Hanlon, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Neil Hanlon

Neil Hanlon New Member

So for the past couple of days, without any known configuration changes or server changes, I've been getting massive error_logs with lines like the following making up for most of the files.

To the tune of about 100,000 lines/second.

These logs keep filling up my server's disk space every six or so hour, going up to about 40G in six hours.

What does this error mean? How can I fix it or find the root cause?

Let me know if you need any more information.
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

In addition to the reply on github, you should force reinstall 4.2.12 see if the problem still exists on the latest build.

/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/lsup.sh -f -v 4.2.12
  3. Neil Hanlon

Neil Hanlon New Member

I'm gonna have to run it by my Management team. I'll update here if it works/doesn't work.

Again.. my biggest concern is that they're filling up the error log...
  4. Neil Hanlon

Neil Hanlon New Member

So for now, while we work out what to do... we've disabled compression on two of the servers, and I've created a ramdisk on the third to put the compression files.

If the ramdisk works out, we'll end up moving everything to a ramdisk.

Is the error I'm getting a known issue? What might be causing it to happen in the first place?
  5. Neil Hanlon

Neil Hanlon New Member

@mistwang

So after a while, the errors started popping up again on the test server with the ramdisk.

Do you think force-reinstalling litespeed will help?
  6. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

You should force reinstall 4.2.12, this issue should have been addressed a while ago when we update the package.
  7. Neil Hanlon

Neil Hanlon New Member

This seems to be resolved after the force reinstall. :) Thank you for your help.