[Solved] Increase max connections / Console ?

Discussion in 'General' started by world1, Dec 20, 2010.

1. world1

world1 New Member

How do I increase max connections on litespeed? During my research I see mentions of a console. Is there a litespeed console of some sort to control settings?

I need to increase:
    max connections
    max user connections

Or is this done from apache httpd.conf?
  2. world1

world1 New Member

Oops.

I've found the web console.

IP:7080
  3. world1

world1 New Member

How do I increase concurrent connections? I don't see this option @console
  4. webizen

webizen New Member

You are looking for Max Connections. It is at Web Admin Console->Configuration->Server->Tuning->Max Connections.
  5. webizen

webizen New Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  6. world1

world1 New Member

Hmm I just can't get it to run as fast as Apache was.

I'm trying to access litespeed with about 1000 connections (The connections come from 2 IP's), each connection pulls data from a MySQL database. But there is amazing lag compared to my apache setup. Any hints on where to go?
  7. webizen

webizen New Member

How do you benchmark them? Can you post your result?

Assuming you pull data via php script. Then you need to adjust max connections of ext app http://www.litespeedtech.com/docs/webserver/config/extapps/#maxConns. If you are running non suEXEC mode, you want to double Max Connections (from 35) in Ext App (web admin console->Configuration->Server->Ext App->lsphp5->Max Connections) at a time to see the difference till your satisfaction. The environment variable PHP_LSAPI_CHILDREN should match with the Max Connections.
  8. world1

world1 New Member

Unfortunately, I have no way to truly benchmark this. When the program is running the script hard, I manually check the script to pull test data so I can experience load times. The Apache was loading it within 1sec, while LiteSpeed was taking 10+ sec. That was until you told me about External Apps.

Configuring Max Connections PHP5 in external apps did the trick! Very very very fast now, LiteSpeed! Thank you so much.