[Solved] Second Lightspeed image from Rackspace instance

OK, maybe I'm being difficult but here's my scenario:

I just got LiteSpeed up and running like I want. I'm on Rackspace so I created an image and started a second server with that image. This is designed to be behind the Rackspace load balancer so I can have two web servers to take the serious load we're going to get for the STS-134 launch.

I have purchased two licenses. I was hoping I could just update serial.no and have it update the license on the server, but for whatever reason that doesn't work. I keep getting a 'Serial number does not match!' error. Is there a way to blow away the old license and install the new one so I don't have to rebuilda second server from scratch?

Is there a better way to do this? Also, is there a better license for a load balanced scenario?

Thanks,

Benjamin Higginbotham
Spacevidcast.com

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
each serial number needs its own matching license.key

just remove the license.key from lsws/conf, and do
lsws/bin/lshttpd -r to register a new one. please check the license section on wiki which lists all the details.

Heh, well some simple troubleshooting seems to have solved my problem. Renamed the license file in the root directory and then re-ran install.sh with the proper script. Worked great.