[Solved] Site not working on New Server

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by Brent W Peterson, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Brent W Peterson

Brent W Peterson New Member

2. [cwh]

[cwh] New Member

Hi Brent -

Sometimes when we see this it will be due to a problem in the .htaccess file - double check that and maybe try a stock .htaccess file (Magento) and see if the problem persists.

Also check the error log for anything right before the 503 error, you can sometimes gleam something useful from there.
  3. Brent W Peterson

Thanks, I don't want to play with the htaccess since it is live. Perhaps it is not reading it? I want to run three sites.

HT Access

Edit
    Allow Override

Everything is checked except None

Limit Auth FileInfo Indexes Options None
    Access File Name .htaccess
  4. [cwh]

[cwh] New Member

I was more referring to the contents of the .htaccess file.

It's possible that there is some configuration value isn't playing well with LSWS (on port 8080?).

Double check the error log right before the 503 error as well - really the first place you should look before considering the .htaccess file.
  5. webizen

webizen New Member

Brent,

Please also check stderr.log. the 503 error is likely an indicator of PHP problem (i.e. not fully matching with Apache php).
  6. Brent W Peterson

Yes! I am getting an APC error. Not sure how to fix that.

2011-03-18 13:59:00.943 [STDERR] [Fri Mar 18 13:59:00 2011] [apc-error] apc_mmap: mmap failed: Cannot allocate memory2011-03-18 13:59:00.943 [STDERR]
    [Fri Mar 18 13:59:00 2011] [apc-error] apc_mmap: mmap failed: Cannot allocate memory2011-03-18 13:59:00.957 [STDERR]
    [Fri Mar 18 13:59:00 2011] [apc-error] apc_mmap: mmap failed: Cannot allocate memory2011-03-18 13:59:00.969 [STDERR]
  7. Brent W Peterson

I just tried to re-build PHP without APC and I got the same error
  8. [cwh]

[cwh] New Member

create a phpinfo(); page and look for the following value -

apc.shm_size

likely in your php.ini or possibly overriden in .htaccess?

Try increasing the memory size or disabling to see if that resolves the problem.

Also - take a look at the following URL for some additional info that looks to be related.

edit: This is really old - probably not related;
    http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=1714
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  9. Brent W Peterson

Of course I couldn't run my phpinfo.php file from Litespeed, but I did run it from Apache

apc.shm_size 512 512

Here is what I have 512 for both
  10. webizen

webizen New Member

raise memory limit in LSPHP5 (Admin Console -> Configuration -> Server -> External App -> lsphp5) to something like:
  11. Brent W Peterson