Speed problem downloading large file

Xing, you're right, something is not right here. I've moved my dir and reinstalled from scratch and the file transfers no problem. but if i place my original dir back in, again its slow as a dog. I'd really love to get back onto lsws, because it really does rock! :)
I'll send you my config file and see if you can make heads or tails of this!
thanks again!

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Looks like something wrong with your original dir.
Is Apache serving heavy traffic off your original dir? If yes, maybe the disk is too busy serving Apache's requests.
You can try make copy of that directory and let LSWS serve from there. See how it goes.

mistwang said:
Looks like something wrong with your original dir.
Is Apache serving heavy traffic off your original dir? If yes, maybe the disk is too busy serving Apache's requests.
You can try make copy of that directory and let LSWS serve from there. See how it goes.
nosir, the dir it serves out of should have little to no traffic. perhaps i should delete and reinstall and start setup from scratch again?

ok, so something strange was occuring with my original lsws directory to cause this to occur. i moved it to lsws.old then reinstalled from scratch, configured the admin, then shut it down. i cut and pasted just the virtual host entries from the config xml file and copied over the vhost files themselves (i put them in their own seperate dir)
It appears that all is well and the lsws server is rippin fast even without sendfile()! huzzah!

If you're having this issue, try doing the steps above... basically delete and reinstall. worked for me!