stderr.log empty - no php errors

Cannot get any PHP errors/notices to get logged anywhere on the server. I've even turned on all debugging options to HIGH through the gui...

File name = $SERVER_ROOT/logs/error.log (works but only no php logs)
Log Level = DEBUG
Enable stderr Log = Yes

/usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/etc/php.ini
display_errors = On
display_startup_errors = On
log_errors = On

even tried
error_log = syslog
&
error_log = /usr/local/lsws/logs/php_errors.log (chowned nobody & chmod 777)

$SERVER_ROOT/logs/stdee.log is empty (chowned nobody & chmod 777)

centos 6.0 - php is compiled 5.3.8 - /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5
Configure Command => './configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/lsws/lsphp5' '--build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu' '--host=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu' '--target=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--without-pear' '--with-bz2' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-openssl' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--disable-sysvsem' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--without-sqlite' '--enable-xml' '--with-system-tzdata' '--with-mysqli' '--with-gd' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--disable-pdo' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter' '--without-sqlite3' '--disable-phar' '--disable-fileinfo' '--disable-json' '--without-pspell' '--disable-wddx' '--with-curl' '--disable-posix' '--disable-sysvmsg' '--disable-sysvshm' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-suhosin' '--with-litespeed'
Server API => LiteSpeed V5.5
Virtual Directory Support => disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/etc
Loaded Configuration File => /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/etc/php.ini
Scan this dir for additional .ini files => (none)
Additional .ini files parsed => (none)
PHP API => 20090626
PHP Extension => 20090626
Zend Extension => 220090626
Zend Extension Build => API220090626,NTS
PHP Extension Build => API20090626,NTS
Debug Build => no
Thread Safety => disabled
Zend Memory Manager => enabled
Zend Multibyte Support => disabled
IPv6 Support => enabled
Registered PHP Streams => https, ftps, compress.zlib, compress.bzip2, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp
Registered Stream Socket Transports => tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls
Registered Stream Filters => zlib.*, bzip2.*, convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk
I've been trying to figure this out for the past 4 hours now with 0 luck.
Please advise.

Last edited:
...anyone?

I've rebuild litespeed and php with different options...nothing, no log nada.

i was able to use to the following through .htaccess
php_flag display_startup_errors on
php_flag display_errors on
php_flag error_reporting E_ALL
php_flag log_errors on
php_value error_log /error_log.txt
the display_errors works...but still...NO logging. file emails blank..i've tried changing paths, permissions and ownership.

I'm stuck, please help.