Switching from FCGI to normal mode

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by Yogesh Sarkar, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Banned

Couple of weeks ago, I asked the tech support at my host to upgrade PHP to latest, keeping all the settings as same. However, since then, things seemed to have slowed down a little (coincided with cable cut to India, hence noticed it only now).

Today I checked and it seems PHP is running in FCGI mode:

usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5

Since my host’s managed support has a habit of messing up PHP installs/reinstalls (once again proved by this debacle), I am hesitant to let them touch the server again and I am not really experienced in compiling PHP, especially since it is a production server.

So is there a way to switch PHP back to LSAPI mode, without recompiling the PHP and breaking anything?

If there isn’t any way to do this, is there a way php can be compiled with all the existing modules and settings (including that for eAccelerator and Memcache)?
  2. webizen

webizen New Member

lsphp5 being in folder fcgi-bin does not mean it is running in FCGI mode.

If you have the following from command line, then it runs in LSAPI mode.

To grab all the compile options for your next PHP compile, run following. Note that '--with-litespeed' option is required for LSAPI
    It is recommended you compile PHP from Admin Console => Actions => Compile PHP. You can check eAccelerator and Memcache from the it.
  3. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Banned

Thanks Webizen. I was unnecessarily blaming the support people, it is indeed running in LSAPI mode.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013