trouble installing plesk extension

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by Psalmist, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Psalmist

Psalmist New Member

Trying to install LSWS on a dedicated server running Centos 6.3 with Plesk 11, using the Plesk extension.

I downloaded the Plesk extension zip file from this site, then installed it from Plesk under Server Management > Extensions. But I got this error message:

Error: Unable to install the extension: Executing /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/litespeed/scripts/post-install.php failed:

For security reason, please login via ssh as root user to mannually run command

sh /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/litespeed/scripts/install_scripts If success,

then remove the script

rm /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/litespeed/scripts/install_scripts

So I followed those instructions (logged in via ssh as root and ran the commands) and it said successful.

And now when I go into Plesk to Server Management > Extensions I do see "Module Litespeed", but when I click on it all I get is this:

-----------------------------

LiteSpeed is not running. Apache is running (PID = 12306).

Install LiteSpeed Web Server

* Install LiteSpeed Web Server Download and install the latest stable release.

* Define LSWS_HOMEIf you installed LiteSpeed Web Server before using this extension, please specify your LSWS_HOME before using the extension.

----------------------------------

So which applies to me? I assume Litespeed was already installed when I did the previous steps. So I click "Define LSWS_HOME" and it gives me these instructions:

Define LSWS_HOME Location for Existing LiteSpeed Installation

If LiteSpeed is already installed on this server, please specify the LSWS_HOME location in order for this extension to work properly.
    Define $LSWS_HOME

$LSWS_HOME location
    Your LiteSpeed binary is located at $LSWS_HOME/bin/lshttpd.
    Common locations for LSWS_HOME include /usr/local/lsws, /opt/lsws

But I can't find "lsws" anywhere on my server. I checked /usr/local/lsws and also /opt/lsws and I did "find / -name lsws" and there's nothing.

So can someone please guide me.

And please note that I want to install the Enterprise version if that's necessary for optimum performance and for page caching for vbulletin + vbseo. (But I'd like to try the free trial first if I may.)
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  2. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

how about:
    * Install LiteSpeed Web Server Download and install the latest stable release.

since you haven't installed litespeed, but installed plugin for plesk, it's not litespeed itself.

search litespeed instead of lsws
  3. Psalmist

Psalmist New Member

Thank you Nitewave.

Okay I did search for "litespeed" just now as you suggested and I found this:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modules/litespeed
    /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/modules/litespeed
    /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/litespeed
    /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/litespeed

So do you still think that it's not actually installed, and that I should click the link to download and install?
  4. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

yes

those files are glue between plesk and litespeed, but not litespeed web server itself
  5. Psalmist

Psalmist New Member

Okay thanks, it's now installed.

Any idea why the icons (in Plesk, for LSWS management) are all broken links (I mean image not found)?