WOW - Apache is crap...(default, untuned state)

Discussion in 'Feedback/Feature Requests' started by SoreGUms, Aug 9, 2007.

1. SoreGUms

SoreGUms New Member

I've been fiddling with a simple Java program (I wrote)
    that just pumps a crap load of requests at the webserver.
    Its pretty crude, spawns a heap of threads based on what number i put in the loop. so it is doing simultaneous connections not one after the other.

I've found that LSWS in its default state is awesome and Apache is shite!

If I crank up the connections to around 200+ at once Apache chews up all the RAM, not sure if it can recover - I'm just bouncing the box.

LSWS on the other hand doesn't do anything, just responds and gets on with it.

That's awesome!
  2. felosi

felosi New Member

hell ya, No way Ill ever go back to apache on anything. Litespeed is truly amazing. In Some way I wish George would pass protect the site and keep this top secret so we have the egde on other hosts :) but its so amazing you about have to tell people.
  3. SoreGUms

SoreGUms New Member

Yeah...
    Apache just totally owns the box.
    Unfortunatley I ran my little hammer on a site I'd like to keep up and I thought I'd just leave and see if it came back, but it isn't...

I only use Apache for SVN now :)
  4. felosi

felosi New Member

even if you tune the crap out of apache, doesnt make much difference with stuff like that. Trust me, youre looking at someone who spent 2-3 years trying it.
    Now... We just gotta convince Mister Wang to form a top secret site so only We can have litespeed and none else! muhahahahaha All ours!
    lol jk George, I seen your quote at HostingCon. I think the other litespeed users may be getting tired of my running my mouth over at WHT about how awesome litespeed is so if I all of a sudden disappear you know what happened ;)
  5. medialayer

medialayer New Member

Apache is, without a doubt, far inferior to LiteSpeed. LiteSpeed is worth every penny.
  6. bbennett

bbennett New Member

I agree, Apache has been a thorn in my side for a long time, especially not being able to handle substantial loads without throwing expensive hardware at it to overcome the flaws.

Litespeed works like a web server should.