503 errors with php 5.4.x

Edit:* I figured out what this was. Anything running php 5.4.x would crash php with 503.

Code:
2012-05-23 10:35:12.215 [STDERR] PHP Fatal error:  Directive 'allow_call_time_pass_reference' is no longer available in PHP in Unknown on line 0
in php.ini I changed this from On to Off
Code:
allow_call_time_pass_reference = Off
Just thought I'd post it here so the community was aware if it comes up for anyone else as this was using default litespeed php.ini

Thank you.

Last edited:

webizen

Off is the default. so likely you turned it on for other version and reuse for php5.4
Code:
allow_call_time_pass_reference = Off

This was a fresh install of everything right down to the distro. Fresh downloads of everything else today as well. All new entirely. Looking at the extracted tree from my litespeed tarball I grabbed today, allow_call_time_pass_reference is set to On.

I'm seeing the same error. The install script is checking for this configuration and is not finding it. If this is the default why are we getting this error ?

webizen

I'm seeing the same error. The install script is checking for this configuration and is not finding it. If this is the default why are we getting this error ?
What install script are you referring to? The compile/install script within PHP will not check the configuration.

The install script for an app to be installed onto the server - i.e. it could be the install script for vTger CRM or Wordpress or whatever

webizen

php.ini that comes with php 5.4 tarball should have allow_call_time_pass_reference set to Off by default. for other php.ini, you need to check before use. not all app install script check that directive.