LiteMage configuration missing in Magento

Hi,

I've installed LiteSpeed + LiteMage on a bare CentOs 7 dedicated server. After some fiddling the plugin shows up and is enabled in the admin panel. I can also select LiteMage as the FPC. However, on the LiteMage configuration page I only see the Debug option, and nothing else.

The cache does work, because I get constant cache hits. It is very odd that the configuration options are missing though, because it limits the functionality. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
LiteMage 2 or LiteMage 1?

For LiteMage 2, the answer is yes, only debug option for current release. but it is more than enough for you to run LiteMage on you production server. More options have been planned for future release.

LiteMage 2 or LiteMage 1?

For LiteMage 2, the answer is yes, only debug option for current release. but it is more than enough for you to run LiteMage on you production server. More options have been planned for future release.
LiteMage 2 indeed. Wow, I thought I'd started to go mental... perfomance is fabulous, ttfb < 50 ms. Are there any configuration adjustments i should be making via command line or some other config, or just leave it as it is? Main concern was if all dynamic content would be 'punched through'. Thanks for the quick reply.

Oh, and I miss the cache warmup function.

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
LiteMage2/M2 is different than M1. All the private stuff is handling from javascript ajax call, so there's no need to punch hole for private info. All the private stuff are in brower cache. It follows the same way varnish does, the default template only has 1 hole (ESI block) for the menu part, but that's a public ESI block.

The LiteSpeed stack is simpler, faster comparing to varnish stack, you have HTTP/2 support out of box, and cache purge is much faster, for varnish is direct socket connect to send purge request and wait for response, LiteMage send purge tags through same response header. Also LiteSpeed has much less of CPU/memory usage (~ 30%) comparing to varnish box.

We do have more optimization planned, but for now, it's follows same configuration (through layout.xml on what cannot cache/punch hole) that M2 default cache or varnish used.

We'll have another release on M1 on deep crawling / delta warmup this week, then we'll shift focus on M2. So stay tuned. And any feedback welcome.

Lauren