per user web directories - no cpanel, no apache

Hi all,

I'm looking for documentation on how to configure per user web directories without apache or cpanel involved. I can't find anything and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks!

No, that's not what I'm looking for. Thank you anyway. Im aware of virtual host config, but directories still need to be owned by the web server for that. I meant specifically the functionality of per-user web directories where individual users can have directories specified within their home directories - that they own - to serve web content. Like you can do with apache.

Edit: and to add here, this took me literally minutes to get up and running with apache and nginx. Their docs were very concise. I'd like to reproduce this with litespeed.

NiteWave

Administrator
can you send a link of the document with apache(or nginx) ? it should apply for litespeed as well. since it's basically a apache drop-in.

So if anybody happens upon this, the true issue was I used the Repo method of installation which installed an old AF litespeed. It's why none of the guides or documentation was accurate. So for anybody wondering, do not use the Repos. I upgraded to the current version and suddenly a lot of options appeared.

raphidae

Hi,

I'm looking to get this to work as well. I had it working in the past, but upgrade to 5.x broke it. And besides that, I probably used a hack.

What's the correct way to replicate mod_userdir and UserDir directive on litespeed? Alternatively, what documentation are you referring to, could you link me?

Thanks in advance!

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If you want to configure user dir for a vhost with native configuration, you can just use Apache mod_userdir directives in the "Apache style configuration" at vhost level.