A few newbie questions

Good evening, I hired a cpanel reseller plan, it comes with litespeed but my app is coded to run on nginx so I will have to modify the router.

A few things I would like to know please:

1- I heard litespeed is apache compatible, is that right? does it uses htaccess and the same syntax?
2- As reseller (no root access) will Cpanel allow me to edit my virtualhosts or I will have to store settings in the .htaccess?
3- If the answer for #2 is htaccess, how significant is the performance penalty for that? I never measured it myself but I always heard it is a big issue for Apache

I think that is it for now.
Thanks in advance.

NiteWave

Administrator
1. yes. compatible. same syntax.
2. should be same if web server is apache. only root can edit all virtualhosts ?
3. it's a "famous" issue for apache(although I've never tested it before myself). but not an issue for litespeed. also it may depend on how complex the .htaccess is. litespeed has some optimization on .htaccess. and based on my benchmark between litespeed and nginx, .htaccess has never been a factor of performance in my impression.
anyway, you can compare with the performance between litespeed with .htaccess and nginx on your own site.
if you find litespeed is slower than nginx, please let us know.

Alright thank you.
About #2 yes, the logic says only root should be allowed to edit them, but you know, Cpanel is very special in that sense, it wouldn't be the first case where it allows end users to to access features that ask for super user when you try to use them directly.