async io writeav setting

Tony

We're running it on one of our machines with i/o spikes that at times slowed down lsws. With 4.1b1 it seems to be holding up much better. The load average thus far has been lower but that may not be related. I'll check it in a few days and see if graphs back it up over an extended period of time.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
4.1b1 has been updated to take advantage of sendfile() as well as AIO. So, on a server with low disk I/O, there is no much difference now.

anewday

I noticed that this is in 4.0.4 too. Is it a good idea to enable both sendfile() and AIO?

We're running it on one of our machines with i/o spikes that at times slowed down lsws. With 4.1b1 it seems to be holding up much better. The load average thus far has been lower but that may not be related. I'll check it in a few days and see if graphs back it up over an extended period of time.
Any updates to this?

Tony

I noticed that this is in 4.0.4 too. Is it a good idea to enable both sendfile() and AIO?

Any updates to this?

There were some bugs that were causing some instabilities so we reverted back to the latest stable version. Was strange we ran it for weeks then out of the blue got hit by a few crippling bugs unfortunately.

anewday

Great, I will wait before putting up the multimedia files for download to our members. So, 4.1RC1 will be the latest version of 4.0.x plus AIO feature? Thanks George.

Last edited: