Beginner need assistance

Hi All,

I just joined this forum after being under a ddos attack for over two weeks now. I know nothing on this subject, but after a lot of reading on the webhostingtalk forum i came here. This is the fisrt time i ever had such an attack on my website and i can't think of noone i have enraged to do this to me.

My question is what product do i need for battling or preventing a ddos attack. Is this the Load balancer?

I keep banning IP's via .htacces now, but it's getting crazy and i do still wanna have a normal life and not banning IP's all day.

NiteWave

Administrator
Is this the Load balancer?
both lslb (litespeed load balancer) and lsws(litespeed web server) has built-in anti-ddos feature.

here's the detail document on how to configure the this feature in lslb and lsws:
http://www.litespeedtech.com/docs/webserver/config/security/#perClientConnLimit

in your case, lsws may be enough, no need lslb.

based on your anti-ddos configuration, lsws detect and ban IP automatically. the ban period is configurable --- "Banned Period (sec)". after the ban period, lsws will lift the ban for this IP without user's manual work.

Is there another LiteSpeed tool that can help me fight a ddos attack? My host is saying that i should keep banning IP's in .htacces. And if my site is causing too much server slowdown they will put my site in quarantine and the datacenter will sort it out.