Cache Plugin (W3 total Cache vs. Litespeed Cache)

Hello friends!

I'm about to install a cache plugin for the WP site I'm working on currently and I've managed to shorten my list of candidates to two options.

On the one hand there's W3 total Cache, which seems to be a great option with a good score online and most, if not all, the features I'm looking for, such as defer parsing for JS.

On the other hand there's Litespeed Cache which has a good rating, most of the features I want but is recommended much less than W3...the thing is though, the host on which the site is on uses litespeed as a web server, so when I have asked them, they say both options are great, though litespeed cache has the advantage of being able to further exploit the litespeed web server. Though I don't know to which extent this is going to be an advantage over W3.

I would like to know anyones opinion on the matter, specially if you've used one or both of them and can tell me more about which possibility might be better.

Thank you!
tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

Last edited:

serpent_driver

I would like to know anyones opinion on the matter, specially if you've used one or both of them and can tell me more about which possibility might be better.
Using more than 1 cache plugin doesn't make sense, because there is a big difference between LScache for WP and all other cache plugins for WP. LiteSpeed has a powerfull web server based cache engine. The plugin to use this cache is only to control cache engine. It doesn't cache. Every other cache plugin is PHP based. If LScache caches a page there are no more dynamic functions like PHP after a page has been cached, so the cache function of 3rd party cache plugin is off, because a cached page is pure HTML without PHP interpreter. Webserver has always the first instance before a Modul like PHP. Therefore it can offer a better performance as every other cache plugin.

Similiar to cache functions we have the same situation with functions to optimize WP. Many functions to optimize WP in LScache plugin are also available in other plugins, but LScache plugin for WP has a lot of unique optimize functions, so why using a second plugin if you get all and much more with LScache plugin for WP?