Client Side Certificates

bogus

Sorry if I'm bothering you with my numerous questions... I'm migrating from Apache to LSWS in the Lab ; the benchs (using Siege) of LSWS with our web apps were so excellent ! We ourselves have elected non blocking I/O (poll) for our own application server middlware ; so LSWS was a natural match as a frontend.
The Lab migration is the first step before real production.

Can LSWS support client SSL certificates authentication? I've seen no option to set a root CA in LSWS ?

Moreover, It would great if the client certificate info (client name, organization, ...) were forwarded to the FCGI app...

Thanks.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
bogus said:
Sorry if I'm bothering you with my numerous questions... I'm migrating from Apache to LSWS in the Lab ; the benchs (using Siege) of LSWS with our web apps were so excellent ! We ourselves have elected non blocking I/O (poll) for our own application server middlware ; so LSWS was a natural match as a frontend.
The Lab migration is the first step before real production.
You are welcome. :) Would you mind share the result in the feedback forum? :wink:

bogus said:
Can LSWS support client SSL certificates authentication? I've seen no option to set a root CA in LSWS ?
LSWS does not support client certification yet. it is on our to do list with low priority, as it is not a highly demonded feature. We will evaluate how much work is involved and prioritize it.

Moreover, It would great if the client certificate info (client name, organization, ...) were forwarded to the FCGI app...
Absolutely!

bogus

That is not high priority for us either (or customers rarely require it, but it is a convenient low cost VPN solution).

LDAP user DB support is much more interesting to us ! :wink: