codeigniter plugin?

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
We don't have plan to build any other cache plugin any more, but glad to hear you are going to build your own cache plugin for your application.

mkaaaay

We ended up using a combination of session based cookie vars for different LS cache sets, and combine it with a function to clear both CI cache and LS cache at the the same time.

Where ever we need to punch through the cache, we use ajax blocks. Works pretty well.

mkaaaay

We're not using ESI. We can't / don't want to use ESI includes in our framework due to the nature of our templating system.

Ideally we would use inline ESI but no one seems to want to share the know-how of that dark art wizardry. At least not without charging an arm and a leg for it, which to be honest is pretty uncool IMO.

So, we have a workaround that works pretty well for us. Yes the ajax calls add a slight load, but nothing really in the grand scheme of things.

serpent_driver

Ideally we would use inline ESI but no one seems to want to share the know-how of that dark art wizardry.
But I hope you understand why "no one" (me) is willing to share the know-how of that dark art? You earn money with your page, so why should you get an advantage for free? This is not uncool. This is unfair, isn't it?

mkaaaay

It goes against the whole spirit of being actively engaged in this forum. I would understand if people here were in competition with you, but clearly we're not. We're all just trying to get the most out of the system for our individual client bases. But you know... whatever.

It goes against the whole spirit of being actively engaged in this forum. I would understand if people here were in competition with you, but clearly we're not. We're all just trying to get the most out of the system for our individual client bases. But you know... whatever.
That's true. I am actually surprised at the community here, for a product as amazing as Litespeed, the community aspect is sorely lacking. Really expected a different sort of environment and community.

serpent_driver

@mkaaaay && @NTS

I find it outrageous how people tries to get everything for free. It doesn't matter if we are in a forum. A forum is platform for discussion to solve issues, but it isn't a platform where everybody gets services and knowledge for free. A developer can't live from air and love. He has the same costs like everybody else. If something takes weeks or month to find a complex solution then it is outrageous to pay no money for this work!

As a result of such repeating behaviour I will stop my help in this forum!

mkaaaay

@mkaaaay && @NTS

I find it outrageous how people tries to get everything for free. It doesn't matter if we are in a forum. A forum is platform for discussion to solve issues, but it isn't a platform where everybody gets services and knowledge for free. A developer can't live from air and love. He has the same costs like everybody else. If something takes weeks or month to find a complex solution then it is outrageous to pay no money for this work!

As a result of such repeating behaviour I will stop my help in this forum!
Ironically, you were super fast in asking me to share my learnings when I worked out why our VARY statement wasn't working as expected and was contrary to the docs. Of course I shared it here in the hope that it would help someone else.

We're all developers here who eek out a living on the internet. There comes a time and place however, where profiteering is set aside for the greater good of all.

And sure, ok - sometimes asking for payment for a bit of help is understandable - within reason. The amount you seek is reprehensible in this environment. The word "help" is a very loose fitting term.

it should also be noted that I did not call you out @SerpentDriver. I simply said "no one" was willing to help.

serpent_driver

For those who still believe <esi:inline> is a dark art wizardry if used with LiteSpeed & LScache here is a proof of concept that it works without any wizardry. No trick, no fake, pure ESI specification. It works with PHP and every template engine like Smarty and pure HTML.

https://www.purge.imedes.de

Note: demo page runs with lightweight function for device detection

Last edited:

mkaaaay

For those who still believe <esi:inline> is a dark art wizardry if used with LiteSpeed & LScache here is a proof of concept that it works without any wizardry. No trick, no fake, pure ESI specification. It works with PHP and every template engine like Smarty and pure HTML.

https://www.purge.imedes.de

Note: demo page runs with lightweight function for device detection
No one ever said it wasn't possible. All we were saying, is that to charge an arm and a leg to share this with other community members is pretty low act. I have no problem in paying people for service, but you're pretty much extorting people.
At least that's my opinion.

serpent_driver

No one ever said it wasn't possible.
You don't name it as impossible, but you bind supposedly missing information about ESI with "wizardry". It is not okay to accuse members of this forum not willing to share or to help, because you are disappointed about not getting what you want. This is unfair and wrong. Everybody in this forum gets help, but help doesn't mean getting sources almost for free, if they cost many time and money to create. Services and knowledge are as valuable as items you sell in your online shop. If I would buy an item in your shop, you would also be surprised if I asked to get the item for free?!

Think about your words. If you wrongly accuse members of this forum not willing to help it can happen getting no more help!

If you miss better documentation send your compliant to LiteSpeed Inc., but don't accuse members of this forum.

serpent_driver

in anycase, you're still using an include to generate the random number.
This is only to demonstrate a "punch hole" that isn't cached. It doesn't matter if I use a random number or a shopping cart or whatever that may not be cached. The <div> container with random number isn't cached, everything around this container is cached. Check cache header to verify if it's true.

Check value from include source. There is nothing that can be included, but include not always mean to include an external physical source.....

Last edited: