cPanel | LiteSpeed | WP

After almost four days of installing and configuring cPanel/whm & LiteSpeed on a VPS i've managed to get WordPress working.IKR :-/

Overall I'm very underwhelmed with the overall performance of my cPanel & LiteSpeed setup, and that's an understatement. At the same time this says more about my overall knowledge and skillset then the tools at my disposal, let me make that clear.

For now I'm trying to figure out where the LS's PHP memory limits are and how to set them. I've changed values in cPanel's Multi PHP editor, but somehow I'm getting a WP error that is related to a memory issue. Everytime I'm trying to add a footer template in Elementor Theme Builder I'm getting the "The link you tried to follow is expired. Please try again." error, right after giving the gosh darn thing a name.

From what I managed to grasp is LS should be able to read and honor cPanel's php.ini settings, or am I completely misunderstanding things?

Thanks for any feedback!

Shivam

Staff member
Hey,

It is true that Litespeed will automatically pick up, values you use with cPanel's Multi PHP Editor. You're right on that, which you can verify by also creating a phpinfo file, it will give you all the information about the PHP Environment you're running.

What values do you have for the following in the PHP Editor?

Code:
memory_limit
upload_max_size
post_max_size
upload_max_filesize
max_execution_time
max_input_time

Hi @Shivam,

The values I've added to both PHP 7.x versions are:
PHP:
memory_limit = 256M
upload_max_size = 64M
post_max_size = 64M
upload_max_filesize = 64M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 1000
Current VPS specs:
Code:
processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 45
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2660 0 @ 2.20GHz
stepping : 7
microcode : 0x713
cpu MHz : 2199.974
cache size : 20480 KB
Architecture : x86_64
CPU op-mode(s) : 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order : Little Endian
CPU(s) : 2
On-line CPU(s) list : 0,1
Thread(s) per core : 2
Core(s) per socket : 1
Socket(s) : 1
NUMA node(s) : 1
BogoMIPS : 4399.99
Hypervisor vendor : Xen
Virtualization type : para
L1d cache : 32K
L1i cache : 32K
L2 cache : 256K
L3 cache : 20480K
Should be enough to run cPanel without to much weirdness I guess.

Even after rebooting the VPS the error kept occurring. Guess it basically boils down to cPanel and me not being a good combination. In the past I've spend to much time getting it configured properly and having it perform on at least a base-line level where TTFB and so on don't take +1.7 sec.

Since I don't have too much free time troubleshooting cPanel, I've completely removed it from the VPS and re-installed CentOs 7, installed an opensource LEMP stack auto installer, and am currently giving it a try. Mainly because it is currently beta-testing the option to use LiteSpeed instead of Nginx, so it's only a matter of some patience and chiming in with the beta feedback.

I've used another commercial LEMP panel for almost 2 years+ with the same VPS provider and never experienced downtime or other problems. It just kept chugging along and performing great...

However, since CyberPanel peaked my interest I will give that one a go on another VPS provider too, and see what this will bring me.

Thanks a lot for your time and effort in trying to figure this one out with me. I appreciate it!