Deploy with Capistrano

Yes, you can deploy without svn. You won't need to set :svn_username, but make sure to set the :scm variable and format the repository correctly for your source control choice.

I'm not a Capistrano expert, but, yes, I believe that each recipe needs a repository defined, and if you don't set :scm, it'll default to svn.

palb

I'm not a Capistrano expert, but, yes, I believe that each recipe needs a repository defined, and if you don't set :scm, it'll default to svn.
Ok. Thanks. I'll try svn again.:) I've been testing it before, but found it a bit confusing, and not that essential for a single developer like me.

What I never understood is the connection and concept between the repository, my app director and the VH_root. When a visitor comes in via the browser, what directory do they enter? Where do I upload my files and what do I set in Litespeed VH settings?

Ok. Thanks. I'll try svn again.:) I've been testing it before, but found it a bit confusing, and not that essential for a single developer like me.

What I never understood is the connection and concept between the repository, my app director and the VH_root. When a visitor comes in via the browser, what directory do they enter? Where do I upload my files and what do I set in Litespeed VH settings?
The repository is where the files are stored and this is source control managed. The app directory refers to the checked out version which you are using to run your site. VH_root is the virtual host root, so that is the directory on your server that corresponds to the root directory when you access your domain.

Please take a look at the Capistrano manual if you need help installing Capistrano: http://manuals.rubyonrails.com/read/chapter/97