ESI module no-cache breaks CSS

Hi all, this is my first post here..
I'm having an issue trying to set "world time-zone" modules on my site to no cache..
I render them as ESI modules with the NO CACHE option, but then this randomly breaks the CSS (module background color - see attachments).

Trying different pages from the menu give same random result.
I've disabled the Joomla Cache plugin, as well as any gzip, and htaccess headers, gzip, etc..
The only -related- plugin still enabled is Cache Cleaner.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Joomla 3.9.15
LS Cache = 1.3.0 latest GitHub.

Attachments

It's highlighted in red circle 1st image (2nd image is how it's supposed to look).
Bottom of the image (template position 'rt-showcase').
*Backgroung appears white for that position, and doesn't load the last 'clock *Madrid' on the right.

To reproduce:
- Try different menu items (it's a random isue).

Last edited:
Here's what they replied at hosting co.:

<< Hello,
ESI would be enabled from the LiteSpeed Cache plugin.
The plugin can be downloaded here:
https://github.com/litespeedtech/lscache-joomla/blob/master/package/lscache-1.3.0.zip
For more info regarding ESI and Joomla:
https://blog.litespeedtech.com/2018/07/10/using-esi-in-joomla/
If you have any additional issues or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Is your issue not resolved? Simply reply to this ticket at any time to reopen it.
Thank you,
>>

** Update: They confirmed it is enabled at server level....
** I use DirectAdmin panel.

Last edited:

Wuhua Chen

Staff member
Hi, I checked your website, it's not lscache plugin problem, nor ESI problem.

I tested many times, found when the break css problem occurred, the page is keep loading, only 1st page was loaded, if scroll down, the rest of page was not loaded, when it stop loading, only part of page was loaded. so the css was break because the page was not fully loaded.

it may be the server vps host shared by too much website and sometimes the performance is too bad, cause some page not fully loaded

Hi, I checked your website, it's not lscache plugin problem, nor ESI problem.

I tested many times, found when the break css problem occurred, the page is keep loading, only 1st page was loaded, if scroll down, the rest of page was not loaded, when it stop loading, only part of page was loaded. so the css was break because the page was not fully loaded.

it may be the server vps host shared by too much website and sometimes the performance is too bad, cause some page not fully loaded

Thanks for looking into it...
But this issue started only after installing the LS Cache Plugin...
Page had always loaded fine.
It has something to do with ESI, coincidentally only those modules rendered as ESI (no-cache) are having this CSS loading problem...
I have no clue!!!
Any idea how can I "Not cache" those clocks?

Wuhua Chen

Staff member
Thanks, it might not be server performance problem, it might be some other problem. I think you may create a ticket and give us ssh access to find out it. I think it may be a random error occured after no-cache ESI module rendered .

@Wuhua This is probably related to the issue as ticket #366659.

The reason why CSS breaks is because certain 3rd party modules trigger their own CSS/JS in modules. However, when the modules are rendered as ESI, their CSS/JS calls are never triggered.

Wuhua Chen

Staff member
@Andy Badwool it's not related to issue of #366659, this web page have 7 no-cache esi module, triggered LSWS server esi limitation, this problem already fixed in LSWS server. it's not relate to lscache plugin.