Forwarding SSI/SHTML To Apache

We've been having issues with forwarding .shtml files to Apache.

We run Apache 2.2 on port 79 and Litespeed 3.3.3 on port 80. We have Apache Port Offset set to 1, and Apache Handled Content set to .shtml - However, when accessing any shtml page, the page is stuck loading and never brings up the shtml page.

http://domain.com:79/file.shtml - Works fine
http://domain.com/file.shtml - Stalls

We've tried setting up an External App to handle this, but it doesn't forward the vhost properly so we end up connecting to the default server host files, instead of the vhost files.

I've been fiddling with this for a total of 5 hours now with no clue as to why this isn't working. I don't even have a best guess as to why this is failing.

The most peculiar thing is, the apache logs show that the page is being requested properly with a 200 code, but it continues to request the page over & over for a single page request from the browser.

Error message in the lsws error logs:
Code:
2008-01-16 03:26:48.636 [NOTICE] [ourip:28336-0#APVH_ourdomain.com] Content len: 0, Request line:
GET /file.shtml HTTP/1.1
2008-01-16 03:26:48.636 [INFO] [ourip:28336-0#APVH_ourdomain.com] HttpExtConnector state: 8, request body sent: 0, response body size: 0, response body sent:0, left in buffer: 0, attempts: 0.
2008-01-16 03:26:48.636 [INFO] [ourip:28336-0#APVH_ourdomain.com] Proxy connection state: 2, watching event: 25, Request header:537, body:0, sent:0, Response header: 0, total: 0 bytes received in 120 seconds,Total processing time: 120.
We are running a cPanel server w/ Apache & Litespeed side-by-side. Everything works great aside from the shtml files.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve this?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If possible, please send me temp login to your server? for admin console. a sudo user or root login may needed as well for investigation.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
The problem should have been fixed in the latest 3.3.4 build. Just change the version number in the download link to get the package.