Frequent applicaiton errors on first page load

I'm pretty sure something configured correctly. When the server is under a steady load, rails responses are very fast. When there are 60 or so seconds between requests, then it takes a few seconds to get a rails response and often times you get an application error on the first response.

I can see there is always one ruby process in memory, so I assume thats related to litespeed. As new requests come in then more ruby process are created (as expected), but they stop running a few seconds after the requests start coming in.

I set up the applicaiton with the Easy Rails template, and the server Rails settings are all at the default.

Which settings do I need to change so it will hold these ruby processes in memory longer. Right now Initial Request Timeout set to 60 and Max Connections set to 10. Should I up the Initial Request Timeout? I wasn't sure because I think that means "how long to I wait for a particular client before I call it a day" kind of thing.

Thanks.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
There are a few environment variables you can play with to make children ruby process live longer. Please check the README file in ruby-lsapi directory under the gem directory if you installed it via gem.
Or you can download the ruby-lsapi package from our web site.

Answers to your questions should be in the README already. :)