Getting PHP its speed

I am confuzzled...

Litespeed's strength is speed, so I want to build a mean PHP-serving webserver and I want to focus on speeding things up.

Some questions I have:
* SAPI faster than API: What is Litespeed SAPI ? I've been trying to find info on it and but so far in square one. Is SAPI a certain way to write your PHP or just a certain way to run it ? i.e. perl CGI is one thing but mod_perl CGI is writing things in a different way. I feel reluctant to learn another way to write things as this means rewriting a whole bunch of PHP scripts. And if I decide to go back to apache, I'm stuck. No way for me. I wonder if I understood it correctly.

* nobody is faster. I don't need to run suexec, PHPsuexec, any suexec. I will install as nobody. I'll see how that goes. Sometimes I do need to know which scripts hog the most resources CPU load/mem/time running. I don't know if there is a quick way to switch.

* Accelerators. Really no clue here, there are at least 4-5 of them around, me confused. I think ls uses fcgi so I may try that.

* is there anything I've missed that will bring PHP to its utmost potential ?

Dennis

Dani

SAPI is just php compiled so that you get the ls_php file to run your PHP scripts. Meaning nothing needs to be rewritten as this is on the server side. The Howto in the wiki helps you compile PHP the right way.

accel: my personal favourite is eaccelerator, LS crew seems to prefer APC, but this is something you can easilly try and compare to see which gives better result.

If you use sql then use memcache or smarty to boost things up. Other than that it's all dependent of your coding skills :) and also size of server...