Image optimization problem - bug / feature request

Hi, after a very long ticket (took days to find out) about an image optimization problem, i have a feature request (or report a bug, depending how you see the problem).

The problem was :
I started image optimization, send the first packages, pressed the "pull" button and nothing happened.
Can't send more images as i'm out of credits and "pull" is not working in order to reset my credits.
I've opened a ticket and LS support found out that :
(about 5-6 images, i'm pasting only one to be short)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
[04-Apr-2019 12:45:04 UTC] PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(/home/USER/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/LONG-FILENAME.jpg.tmp): failed to open stream: File name too long in /home/USER/public_html/wp-content/plugins/litespeed-cache/inc/img_optm.class.php on line 1051
this is the reason why it can't pull the optimized images.

The Linux file system limits name length to maximum 255.

The Greek alphabet URL encoding will cause file name exceeding limits.

As this is system limitation ,the best solution is user changes the file name to shorter name to avoid hit limitation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The images are there, are showing in the website, but apparently cant be optimized.

LS image optimization shouldn't stop when an image (or more) has a problem, just report the problematic file in order for the user to know that some files are skipped from optimization, skip these files and continue with the others.

best regards,

Last edited by a moderator: