Issues with LSPHP and EasyApache 4

Mike Yo.

I installed EA4, compiled everything, tested on Apache, everything worked fine.
Then I followed this guide to update LS: https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php/litespeed_wiki:cpanel:easyapache4-config

When turning Litespeed on, my sites always fail.
Turns out the pre-compiled php that you supply do not have matching configuration to the one compiled by EasyApache.
For example, one thing missing is gzinflate() and gzdeflate() functions, that my sites can't do without.
Is there any way to compile matching php like was possible with LS on EA3?
Or another solution/workaround?

Thank you

Last edited:

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
For easy apache 4 , no PHP compiling any more, instead, you should use rpms provided by cpanel. You should contact cPanel support/log a ticket and ask for the right supporting php packages including the one ea-php5x(70)-php-litespeed. Once they are installed, it should be ok.

Mike Yo.

Will php for litespeed have the same matching configuration this way?
Specifically, will it include gzinflate() and gzdeflate() and all other functions & modules that I have selected in EA4 and have working on Apache?

Last edited:

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, If you use ea-php5x-php-* packages provided by cPanel, then LiteSpeed will use the same package/configuration from Apache. They are matching each other.

If it works with Apache, it should work with LiteSpeed, assuming ea-php5x-php-litespeed package installed from cpanel repo. If ea-php5x-php-litespeed is not in cPanel repo yet, you should ask cPanel to provide it.