LetsEncrypt "www.domain.com inaccessible, please verify." error

Just set up a new Digital Ocean droplet with OpenLiteSpeed and I am getting this error when trying to install a LetsEncrypt SSL. The lightspeed prompt states:

In order for WordPress to work properly, please enter a valid domain.
If you don't have one yet, you may cancel this process by pressing CTRL+C and continuing to SSH.
This prompt will open again the next time you log in, and will continue to do so until you finish the setup.
Please make sure the domain's DNS record has been properly pointed to this server.

(If you are using top level (root) domain, please include it with www. so both www and root domain will be added)
(ex. www.domain.com or sub.domain.com). Do not include http/s.

Your domain: www.domain.com
So I included www. I have an A record pointing to the droplet and a CNAME record for www as an alias of domain.com. DNS checkers show that all records are updated globally, I am able to access both domain.com and www.domain.com of my website as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also to add, I already viewed a similar thread below mine with the same issue, however, it does not work with, or without the www despite DNS being correct. No Cloudflare either.

I can access the website by IP, domain.com, and www.domain.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unique_Eric

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, and I don't think there's a way to find the floating IP from the server itself

For now we can fixed it with command:
Code:
sed 's/^ipget$/MY_IP="FLOATING_IP"/g' /opt/domainsetup.sh
Maybe we can add a bypass mesg, e.g. `Continue anyway [y/N]` in the auto setup script ?

Best,
Eric

I am having the same problem.
I started a new droplet. Everything is fine in terms of domain and DNS, except when setting up letsencrypt through ssh, digital ocean, I keep getting this message:
my domain name is inaccessible, please verify!
what am I suppose to do? any solution out there please.