Litespeed Cache for Osclass script

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
No plan for dedicate cache plugin for it, we prioritize development based on popularity of web applications.
We do have Lscache developer guide in our wiki, may be you can ask the developer of osclass to add lscache support.

Yeap, i tried and had limited success. I had problems with admin login, user login/register and the whole admin dashboard. Normal browsing of the site and the classifieds was ok, didn't notice any problems.

My business partner asked for help in the Osclass forums and got no reply.

Keep in mind what i'm on shared hosting (my Wordpress sites on the same hosting plan work just great with the Litespeed plugin). I will do a second attempt and be more persistent.

Thanks

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
Could you list your .htaccess content here? Normally the admin URL can be excluded from cache through rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Pong but i think the problem is not only what to exclude but also cookies, login/logout and others. And i'm just a webmaster, i don't know the internals of Osclass. This is for someone who apparently knows .htaccess programming and Osclass.

yes i have done / tried all that and work for just browsing the site. Register/Login is not working right, shows the cached pages and also many pop-up messages don't show. Also i must find a way not to cache when logged-in, users or admin.

Jon K

Administrator
Staff member
What you are going to want to do is before the following is called in the .htaccess file "RewriteRule .* - [E=Cache-Control:max-age=900]" is to add excludes like the following:

Code:
#To exclude certain urls from being cached, replace admin and login with the urls. Be sure to use a | to separate them.
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !admin|login [NC]
#To exclude users after login you will need to see if cookies are being set if so add the following and replace with the cookie that is being set
RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !logged|cart [NC]

I see no cookie set when logged in. Just got a reply from Osclass about cookies and logged in.
"But cookies are only there for the "remember me" option. A logged user information resides on the session, not sure how you could access that from the .htaccess."

Jon K

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately there is no way for the .htaccess to access the php session information. It seems that it will require a plugin to work properly