Litespeed cache for phpbb3

serpent_driver

To be ripped off means to be cheated. Neither me nor anybody else nor this forum ripped someone off, but who cares about you?! You are the looser of this situation. If I would stop my work (and I will stop it) neither you nor any other phpBB owner will ever get a solution to run LScache, so your strange behavior is responsible for it. And don't believe developers with sufficient LiteSpeed knowledge to develop a cache plugin grow on every street corner. It takes month to know everything and additional time to get information that are undocumented. Have you ever asked yourself why LiteSpeed offers only a few plugins....?!

Good luck for you and congratulation for the money you will pay for a supposedly better hosting that never will be so fast as LiteSpeed with LScache.

To be ripped off means to be cheated. Neither me nor anybody else nor this forum ripped someone off, but who cares about you?! You are the looser of this situation. If I would stop my work (and I will stop it) neither you nor any other phpBB owner will ever get a solution to run LScache, so your strange behavior is responsible for it. And don't believe developers with sufficient LiteSpeed knowledge to develop a cache plugin grow on every street corner. It takes month to know everything and additional time to get information that are undocumented. Have you ever asked yourself why LiteSpeed offers only a few plugins....?!

Good luck for you and congratulation for the money you will pay for a supposedly better hosting that never will be so fast as LiteSpeed with LScache.
Asking monthly price for a small plugin is a ripoff. You're cheating people because the amount of work involved doesn't justify the price.

I don't know why Litespeed doesn't have plugins for software that is used with their webserver. It's their loss.

I will give you my example. I have been saving up to buy the highest litespeed license because in my testing, lscache with xenforo had amazing results. Without lscache, litespeed performs similarly to nginx. I use phpbb on my big site, i can never justify paying up huge litespeed license costs when i can't use lscache with it when the performance gain is abysmal.

Who ends up losing here? Definitely not me.

Anyway, their software, their choice. I'll try myself or get someone to help me lscache working with phpbb without holding me hostage all my life for using it.

Phpbb is the most famous forum software, i am sure I'll find someone somewhere.

mkaaaay

All i really looked for is caching for guests.
You could always engage someone at Upwork to write some code to add/remove a custom cookie during the phpBB login process. Then you can just use the cooke based VARY rule that we use to good effect.

Then, you don't have to worry about including / excluding phpbb core cookies. Should be cheap and easy for someone to do.

Last edited:

serpent_driver

@mkaaaay

It doesn't make sense to write any code to get phpBB work with LScache. For testing I did a penetration test with 1,000,000,000 posts on a VPS with and without cache, but there is almost no difference in page load time. phpBB is already fast because it has a build-in cache from Symfony framework, so why coding that doesn't gets any benefit?

You could always engage someone at Upwork to write some code to add/remove a custom cookie during the phpBB login process. Then you can just use the cooke based VARY rule that we use to good effect.

Then, you don't have to worry about including / excluding phpbb core cookies. Should be cheap and easy for someone to do.
It's done.

I didn't have to sell my kidneys to get it done either neither be held hostage all my life for a plugin.

Such a shame. He could have earned some if he wasn't so greedy.

This thread can be closed.

serpent_driver

Such a shame. He could have earned some if he wasn't so greedy.
I don't make my money by being insulted by customers first!

If I want you to pay monthly instead of one time payment, then it is not causeless. You get 1st level support and updates as long you pay for. If you call me a gambler, LiteSpeed Inc. also must be company that ripps customers off if you must pay monthly for the license, so where is the difference?

The only one who has to shame is you.

Last edited:
Hello,

Why isn't there a cache plugin or htaccess rules for phpbb3? For such a popular forum software, it is surprising that there's no love for it.

Please add one even if it's a paid extension.

Thank you

EDIT: I managed to make the solution myself and it works perfect. If anyone wants it, please PM me.
Did pm