LiteSpeed cache stopped working after upgrading the LiteSpeed

Discussion in 'LiteSpeed Cache General' started by A.Chakery, May 3, 2018.

1. A.Chakery

A.Chakery Member

Hello,

After upgrading to "5.2.6" the LS caching seems to be not working anymore.

A Good example would be :
    https://www.webpagetest.org/result/180502_B2_0a51048c44a39b6c913552413ba7c557/

Previously the First Byte Time was about 0.6-0.8s but now its about 5s which is totally ridiculous. And when we try to load the pages as guests they load super slow as its shown in the test results.

Please note that prior to the update the fully loaded time was around 3-3.5s.

I would appreciate any help.

PS: upgrading to "5.2.7" did not solve anything.

Thank you in advanced.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2018
  2. Unique_Eric

Unique_Eric Well-Known Member

Hi A.Chakery,
    Possible site running by Apache web server?
    Could you paste response header from browser developer tool? Should be in Network->Document->Response Header

3. A.Chakery

A.Chakery Member

Dear Unique_Eric,
    Thank you for your reply.

Yes, we are definitely on LiteSpeed.

I am not very experienced with linux and we have ServerAdmins, but as far as I know we are on LiteSpeed.

This is the response results from my terminal and its LiteSpeed. Interestingly the LiteSpeed cache control is also seems to be active but practically not working.

Code:
    < date: Thu, 03 May 2018 12:31:56 GMT
    < content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
    < set-cookie: __cfduid=dfdd0bc9d22804a436f6abe6a033035c51525350714; expires=Fri, 03-May-19 12:31:54 GMT; path=/; domain=.serialcart.com; HttpOnly
    < link: <https://serialcart.com/?p=46>; rel=shortlink
    < set-cookie: woocommerce_recently_viewed=46; path=/; domain=.serialcart.com
    < x-litespeed-cache-control: public,max-age=604800
    < x-litespeed-tag: 93b1_URL.598cd2f215ecaea656415ad555eb49a7,93b1_Po.46,93b1_
    < vary: Accept-Encoding,Origin
    < alt-svc: quic=":443"; ma=2592000; v="35,37,38,39"
    < x-turbo-charged-by: LiteSpeed
    < expect-ct: max-age=604800, report-uri="https://report-uri.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/beacon/expect-ct"
    < server: cloudflare
    < cf-ray: 4152bf4d7c99597e-VIE

Thank you again

4. Unique_Eric

Unique_Eric Well-Known Member

Hm, seems cache not working.
    No `x-litespeed-cache` tag and source page is not generated by cache.
    Could you provide report number by Navigate to **LiteSpeed Cache > Report**, press the **Send to LiteSpeed** button, and let us know what it says under "Report Number." We'll be able to access the report from here and get some information about your configuration that might be helpful.

5. A.Chakery

A.Chakery Member

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was waiting for our server admin reply regarding this issue.
    This is our report number : FRYMLWZY

Thank you again

6. A.Chakery

A.Chakery Member

Followup:

Our server admins solved this issue however I would appreciate if you provide us with more details on what has caused this issue ?

Thank you

7. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

usually it's permission of cache root not set correctly.
    in cPanel server, it's /home/user/lscache. owner:group should be nobody:user (NOT user:nobody)
    yes, only your host or server admin can fix it.