lsws logs rotation and awstats add-on

SyNeo

Hello.

The lsws rotates the logs each hour, and it has started only after I enabled the awstats add-on. Is there any connection between the log rotation, and the Update Interval parameter in the awstats integration panel? How a single log file can be then achieved?

Until now, I was sure that it's the setting to enable the awstats to recalculate it's inner data every hour. By the way, how this recalculation is scheduled? There isn't any cron entry present.

Thank you.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You are right about the log rotation, lsws rotates the log before updating awstats statistics. So the log file will be rotated hourly if you do hourly update. If you prefer a single log file, you need to write a script to concat them together, or, just put them in a tar file every day. Maybe we will come up with a better way to archive log files later. :)

LSWS run awstats directly, does not depends on the cron job. :)

Best Regards,
George

SyNeo

Ok - thank you for the reponse. Generally, I can cat them all, and set a daily re-run, and then awstats will recalculate it's data based on these logs, once a per day. Is it correct?

Also, how I can set an auth ream for the awstats? I couldn't locate where I can define one.

Thank you.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Ok - thank you for the reponse. Generally, I can cat them all, and set a daily re-run, and then awstats will recalculate it's data based on these logs, once a per day. Is it correct?
Not sure why you want to do that, if you want to awstats updated daily then choose "daily" update, then log file only rotated daily, and you should not run awstats again with the concat log file if awstats has been updated on hourly basis, it will double the result.

Also, how I can set an auth ream for the awstats? I couldn't locate where I can define one.
Sorry for the confussion, next release should have it addressed.
Please use the "add" button at the bottom of the "Security" tab under that virtual host. :)