LSWS Web Interface not compatible with PHP 5.3?

robfrew

As mentioned in this thread:

http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=3213

It seems that the admin web interface of LSWS is not compatible with PHP 5.3.

We've been using 5.3 for some time now but haven't needed to make any changes to our LSWS configuration since we switched. There have been quite a few LSWS releases since we switched and just today, we updated to 4.0.7.

We then tried to add a new site using the VH Templates and it wouldn't save. We received the following error in the logs:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method: dtbldef->add_() in /opt/lsws/admin/html.4.0.7/classes/ws/DTblDef.php on line 30

After further investigation, this occurs on pretty much every element of the web interface. We switched back to older versions of LSWS thinking it was the newest release but it did the same thing on all versions we tried. My guess is that the web interface uses some php methods that are no longer available in version 5.3 of php.

Unfortunately, our site uses mysqlnd, a feature of 5.3, so we cannot switch back to 5.2.

We shouldn't, however, have to switch back to 5.2, as LSWS should start preparing for more clients to switch to 5.3 in the future and become compatible with it.

It shouldn't take but a few changes in the LSWS admin php code to comply with the changes, which would be backwards compatible with anyone who uses other versions of php, such as 5.2.

Last edited:

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
Admin console uses its own php, located at lsws/admin/fcgi-bin/admin_php, which is a minimal build for admin gui use only, still v4.8. Lsws allows different version of php running together, and admin_php is solely used for admin gui.

Did you replace the php binary there? If yes, please restored it from original installation package. and see if problem still exists.

If Not, then it is not php version issue. Any special characters or space on VH name?

robfrew

Admin console uses its own php, located at lsws/admin/fcgi-bin/admin_php, which is a minimal build for admin gui use only, still v4.8. Lsws allows different version of php running together, and admin_php is solely used for admin gui.
Duh. lol. I knew that. Don't know why I didn't remember that.

Did you replace the php binary there? If yes, please restored it from original installation package. and see if problem still exists.
No, it is the same as provided.

If Not, then it is not php version issue. Any special characters or space on VH name?
We have not done anything differently since we've been using LSWS. We have had the same VH for over 6 months or more. None of them use any special characters. I cannot change anything on VH configs or the main server config.

Anytime I make an attempt to edit, I save and get a blank white screen. Here is what ends up showing in the logs:

Code:
[xx.8.12.59:57922-0#_AdminVHost] [STDERR] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method: dtbldef->add_() in /opt/lsws/admin/html.4.0.8/classes/ws/DTblDef.php on line 30

Last edited:

robfrew

Please try 4.0.9 . the webadmin code has been updated.
Upgraded to 4.0.9 and still same issue.

Code:
2009-07-27 17:21:54.060	NOTICE	[xx.8.12.59:62398-0#_AdminVHost] [STDERR] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method: dtbldef->add_() in /opt/lsws/admin/html.4.0.9/classes/ws/DTblDef.php on line 30

robfrew

I decided to try accessing the admin page from IE instead of Firefox and it works. It looks like it could be a Firefox compatibility issue? I've always used Firefox.

What is weird is that I have 4.1rc1 installed on my dev server and it works fine in Firefox. However, if I switch our main server to rc1, it still has the same issue. ????????

UPDATE:

I just tried using a different domain name to access the admin pages and it works. Some strange stuff going on here. So let's break it down...

If I access the admin page from domainOne.com using Firefox, it doesn't work. IE works.
If I access it from domainTwo.com using Firefox, it works.
If I access it from domainOne, from another computer using Firefox, it doesn't work. IE works.

Latest version of Firefox and IE.

Could it be a caching issue?

Last edited:

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
looks like your whole admin interface messed up.
It may be caused by failing to parse xml correctly.
You can use xml tools to check whether all tags matched correctly. If you don't mind, you can PM me your config file, maybe any special character?
looks like lsws is able to parse, but not admin gui.

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
I decided to try accessing the admin page from IE instead of Firefox and it works. It looks like it could be a Firefox compatibility issue? I've always used Firefox.

What is weird is that I have 4.1rc1 installed on my dev server and it works fine in Firefox. However, if I switch our main server to rc1, it still has the same issue. ????????
I cannot reproduce it, and I always use firefox. If you send me your config file, I can double check. what version of firefox you have?