missing the timezoneDB error in litespeed

sahostking

Keep getting this error:

Some pre-built EasyApache PHP installations may be missing the timezoneDB extension. This will severely impact PHP performance

in litespeed.

When I click resolve now seems to go away and next day appears again.

Jon K

Administrator
Staff member
That is a very weird error, unless you added a new or updated PHP version or a new timezone package was released then it should not ask you to resolve such an issue.
Has the issue been happening for multiple days now? or just yesterday then today?

whatsup

I am running ea php 7.1 and also receiving the same message.
  • **ERROR** EA4 PHP ea-php54-php-devel was not found. This is required to build TimeZomeDB. Please run 'yum install -y ea-php54-php-devel' to fix this issue.
I have installed all EA 7.1 modules - do I really need to install the 5.4 package or is there other ways to remove this message?

Thank you.

Last edited:

whatsup

Hi, upgraded to php71 using EasyApache 4. I'm using the LiteSpeed plugin for WHM. The error showed up in the plugin even though php71-php-devel was installed. Had to re-install php54-php-devel again in order to build the timezonedb. Everything is now working fine and I have recompiled using just php71 :)

Last edited:

Hedloff

I also see this from time to time when I login to LiteSpeed. Checked now and it showed up on a brand new server with EA4.
timedb.png timedb2.png timedb3.png

EA4 is updated aswell...

Jon K

Administrator
Staff member
These are normal messages. They are there actually to help speed up PHP. It detects which version of PHP are currently installed and will build TimeZoneDB for those versions.