Performance versus NitroPack

Hello,

We use Litespeed and LS Cache. It is purchased via the company we rent dedicated servers from, so I don't have direct to get support via WHMCS login.

My question is around whether we could expect to get the same performance from LS Cache that NiroPack get. Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

An example site is https://www.wpevolve.net/:
With LS Cache:
Caching turned on and almost all Page Optimisations enabled. The best I can get on Page speed Insights is 49(Mobile) 85(Desktop).

With NirroPack:
If I disable LS Cache and enable NitroPack, I get 75(mobile) 99(Desktop). Without making any site changes.

I see a similar difference in GTMetrix.

Also, I tried using QUIC.Cloud CDN, it had a negative effect on my results.
I'm currently using Cloudflare CDN.

Am I doing something wrong or does NirtoPack just get better results?

Thanks,
Alan.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
No. you did nothing wrong.

We have looked into NirtoPack, the way they optimize the page will get higher score, but it may not really load the full page that fast.
What they did is to disable java-script completely for the page for the initial load, once page loaded, it start to load java-scripts.
So, it trick pagespeed to give a high score, as the time spent in loading java-script wont be counted.
For the page to be fully functional, java scripts need to be fully loaded. So, it may not really save much in the end.

It is just a way to get good pagespeed score.
We will look into implementing similar method in the future.

Wow, that was a fast response.

Thank you for the explanation.

Personally, I found that the site with LSCache enabled is fast and responsive. I was questioning the usefulness of PageSpeed Insights.

However, Digital agencies and SEO companies are touting this metric to potential customers to lure their business. Basically telling them with low PageSpeed scores, their site is poorly ranked with Google. For this reason it is important to try and improve this score to keep customers.

I look forward to any improvements in this area.

Thanks again,
Alan Blair.

serpent_driver

I was questioning the usefulness of PageSpeed Insights.
Maybe this could help you to understand why "Google Core Web Vitals" and not Pagespeed is important. Pagespeed is only a test tool. The right score will be generated by each user who has Chrome browser installed. Chrome generates "User Experience Report" and sends data to Google and only these data are used to generate a score. Not Pagespeed test tool.

https://www.litespeedtech.com/suppo...che-to-get-good-google-page-experience.19430/