PHP Compile in Admin Console.

Hello,

I feel a bit sheepish about asking this but how do you use the admin console feature "Compile PHP". What I mean is, I understand that I can build php from the command line and there are plenty of how to for that but what about the Admin Console? I need to recompile php on a FreeBSD system. Shouldn't I just beable to add the additional flags I want and then hit the compile button? I actually did this and have been waiting roughly 4 hours and all I get is a PHP Build Progress page that says Statu and has a graphic next to it. I have been running top on that machine as well and have admin_php using roughly 22-30% CPU for that whole time. I imagine I am missing something basic. Any help would be appreciated.

Peter

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You can kill off the admin_php, maybe it is in a infinite loop. "truss it" before killing it.

You still need to have the build environment ready, install gcc, autoconf, automake, patch, make, dependency libraries.

I recommend you to build PHP manually for the first time to make sure all tools are installed, later if you need to update the PHP binary, you can use the admin console.