Prebuilt PHP5 on Opensuse

I'm running Opensuse 64-bit with hardened PHP5. I noticed that lsphp comes with php 4.4. Is there any way I can use PHP5 LSAPI without recompiling PHP5? If I have to, I cannot recompile PHP5 because if I were to install on the production machine, and if something goes wrong, I'll be losing tons of traffic. PHP5 on my server IS compiled with fastCGI. Please advise on how to install LSWS with PHP5 LSAPI support without recompiling PHP5 on a production machine with minimal downtime.

Thanks,
Bill

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You can use FCGI PHP binary with LSWS, but it will not give you the best performance.

To use LSAPI PHP, you have to compile your own. It should not cause any significant downtime.

You can use the same configuration options as the output of phpinfo() or "php -i", remove fcgi related options then add "--with-litespeed" configuration option, for detail, please checkout our Wiki.

If you think you can not handle this by yourself, we have ontime installation service available for $149.

Litespeed Working

I spent a few hours getting the latest PHP 5.2 compiled and everything seems to be running great! I will now go ahead and purchase the enterprise edition. For future visitors to this thread, this is what I did:

1) Downloaded latest LSWS 3.0 and Module files.
2) Got the latest PHP 5.2 from php.net
3) Compiled with all possible options. As I had all modules from the previous PHP installation, I had to tweak a few settings such as extensions_dir, paths etc. Below is my configure command when compiling PHP 5.2

PHP:
'./configure' '--prefix=/usr' '--datadir=/usr/share/php5' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--sysconfdir=/etc/php5/apache2' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php5/apache2' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php5/conf.d' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/lib64/php5/bin' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-filter' '--enable-session' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--enable-xml' '--enable-simplexml' '--enable-spl'  '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--enable-zend-multibyte' '--disable-rpath' '--disable-all' '--with-litespeed'
Any questions, please PM me, and I'll be happy to help. Thanks!