PrestaShop Login Problem

LuigiMdg

I still have problems with your module for PrestaShop, when I log in, it often happens that I am redirected to a link that leads to nothing, a blank page..
https://mywebsite.com/fr/module/litespeedcache/esi?s=1&c=1&l=2&mobi=0&pd={%22pt%22:%22env%22,%22m%22:%22lsc_env%22}

I was hoping something would change in these years, but instead I continue to pay and those who should support me clearly tell me that PrestaShop is not followed, that the module has been abandoned.
Absurd things happen on this platform... As soon as there is a valid alternative, LiteSpeed will become just a distant memory as it has no real support.

LuigiMdg

You would ask me to reproduce the problem, which I don't know how to do, but if I designed that module, I would know where to go to work.

serpent_driver

@NiteWave
I can reproduce this error.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Purge the cache
2. Request any URL and sign in
3. Logoff and request URL again from where you sign in before
4. Press sign in link again, but don't sign in.
5. Check input type hidden field "back" in source code. The value of this field contains the URL to ESI module. Normally the value of this field is the URL of last requested URL in the history of requested URLs, but if a URL is already cached this history is incomplete, because the last request is the request to ESI module.
6. If you then sign in the error occurs or a blank page is displayed.

Quick and dirty solution: Always redirect to homepage after login and don't use URL from history.

LuigiMdg

@NiteWave
I can reproduce this error.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Purge the cache
2. Request any URL and sign in
3. Logoff and request URL again from where you sign in before
4. Press sign in link again, but don't sign in.
5. Check input type hidden field "back" in source code. The value of this field contains the URL to ESI module. Normally the value of this field is the URL of last requested URL in the history of requested URLs, but if a URL is already cached this history is incomplete, because the last request is the request to ESI module.
6. If you then sign in the error occurs or a blank page is displayed.

Quick and dirty solution: Always redirect to homepage after login and don't use URL from history.
In the meantime, I thank you for the temporary solution, but why don't you promise to intervene, indicating a deadline, since you have an income from PrestaShop customers...?

serpent_driver

I am neither LiteSpeed nor a member or employee of LiteSpeed. I am just a LiteSpeed support partner.

Why are you always bothering? The problem won't be solved any faster if you become hostile to everyone. LiteSpeed has been informed of the issue. But that doesn't automatically mean that there will be a fix for the bug the day after tomorrow. Please be patient.

LuigiMdg

I am neither LiteSpeed nor a member or employee of LiteSpeed. I am just a LiteSpeed support partner.

Why are you always bothering? The problem won't be solved any faster if you become hostile to everyone. LiteSpeed has been informed of the issue. But that doesn't automatically mean that there will be a fix for the bug the day after tomorrow. Please be patient.
I'm not worried like this, because of my personality, but because I've been paying for over 1 year and the support clearly told me that the PrestaShop module has been abandoned and even the present functions are not fully functional.
Maybe you don't worry because you don't use PrestaShop, have you thought about it...?

serpent_driver

I have no knowledge of LiteSpeed abandoning the cache plugin for PrestaShop. If that were the case, then there would be no current plugin for PHP 8 or for PrestaShop version 8. However, there is a problem with PrestaShop because this shop system is not very page cache friendly. This means that it takes a lot of effort to make the cache function available for PrestaShop. And this results in the current login problem.

I spoke with the Vice President of LiteSpeed and was told that they have identified the current login issue and will resolve the issue. However, the solution will still take some time. So don't expect that you will get a solution in 2023.

All I can offer you at the moment is to create a quick 'n dirty fix for you. To do this, I need information about which PrestaShop version you are using.

You complain that you're paying for something but you're not getting a solution that works. Your statement is wrong and I have to correct it. You pay for the LiteSpeed web server license. You do not pay to use the cache plugin. Firstly, this plugin is free and secondly, it is not part of the license for the web server.