[Resolved] Two footers bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making a page that have three main section and every section have a different footer. I also use a Litespeed caching to increase the page loading time. So that why i am want to use the recommended from the way of implementing different footer for different pages here is the link. The problem is that when i remove the footer i can put the new one, the page is without footer. I am using Magento 1.9.2.4 and i am disable all caching in the system and still no footer. Here is my xml code that i put in local.xml
Code:
<remove name="footer"/>
<reference name="root">
<block type="page/html_footer" name="homefooter" as="footer" template="page/htm/homefooter.phtml">
<block type="core/text_list" name="footer_top" as="footer_top" translate="label">
<label>Footer Top</label>
</block>
<block type="core/text_list" name="footer_bottom" as="footer_bottom" translate="label">
<label>Footer Bottom</label>
</block>
<block type="cms/block" name="footer_social_link">
<action method="setBlockId">
<block_id>footer_social_link</block_id>
</action>
</block>
<reference name="footer_top">
<block type="cms/block" name="footer_links">
<action method="setBlockId">
<block_id>footer_links</block_id>
</action>
</block>
</reference>
</block>
</reference>

Last edited by a moderator:

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
the default config make footer is a public shared block. If you have different footer, the easiest way is to remove it as an ESI block, and make it part of public cached full page.
in config.xml, there's <footer> section, you can remove it.

Hi there is found the error and it was in the template code. The problem is in the XML configuration, in the example is

<block type="page/html_footer" name="homefooter" as="footer" template="page/htm/homefooter.phtml">

it is missed L from the HTML folder name, it need to be

<block type="page/html_footer" name="homefooter" as="footer" template="page/html/homefooter.phtml">

I hope that this will be fixed so there is no one else spending so much time to search what is the problem :)

Rob H.

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Ivaylo,

Thank you for finding and reporting this issue. I have updated this wiki to fix this.

We apologize for this error and appreciate your time and effort,
~Rob H.

Status
Not open for further replies.