[Resolved] Configuration issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a dedicated server, details below:
  • LiteSpeed - 5.1.7
  • SuPHP
  • suEXEC - on
  • PHP - 5.4.45
We are having a weird permission issue. It complains about permission denied on certain folders under public_html. We set all folders to 755 and files to 644 in public_html directory. The user and group ownership is same as cPanel user. httpd.conf has settings wherein for this site (there are multiple cPanels on this dedicated server), suPHP_UserGroup and SuexecUserGroup are set to cPanel user. For some reason, at the time of code execution, user is "nobody". This mismatch is leading to permissions issue.

I am not able to figure out what we are doing wrong. I believe this all started after we switched to FastCGI and back to suPHP. The switch was done by hosting guys, so I am not sure if they took care of going back to previous configuration. Previously site worked great with suPHP (not sure whether suEXEC was ON that time or not).

Would really appreciate some help. Hosting company does not support LiteSpeed and are recommending
1. Either recompiling/reinstalling Litespeed and
2. Go to Apache if #1 does not work.

Thanks

Thanks NiteWave. LSWS team help debugged the issue, its combination of couple of things. Below is the message from them.

LSWS PHP suEXEC was turned off, because when turned on server return 503 error.
Investigate further, found that a few PHP module causes trouble.
they are "homeloader.so" and "htscanner.so", disable those extension in /usr/local/lib/php.ini fixes the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.