[Resolved] License issues across multiple accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Check against license server
  • 2015-07-03 11:36:59.064 [NOTICE] Memory size is: 8388608KB.
  • 2015-07-03 11:36:59.619 [ERROR] [LICENSE] License key operation failure: EXP LU.2: fail to process
  • [OK] Leased license key 2 will expire in 36 days!

This is happening all at the same time on multiple LSWS accounts and multiple LSWS servers, with multiple LSWS client logins (portal/payments).

Restarting lsws may or may not clear this issue.

LSUser12

The first server went down 35 minutes ago, and more are going down now.

Litespeed's own ticket system doesn't take new tickets.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Yes, reported above.
I also left a voice mail on their support line.
Ticket system is messes up.
And it is not just one license, or one portal (client) account.
Consider switching to APACHE if you can... to get around this.

Also getting the same error. Apache's configuration won't work for me. There's no status page, nothing. My clients are losing money because LiteSpeed's licensing failed out of the blue with zero downtime grace period. What a joke! Can we get an update ASAP???

LSUser12

There's literally nothing you can do. Litespeed's licensing system BREAKS YOUR SERVER when ITS LICENSING SERVER fails.

WOW.

LSUser12

> I'm able to restart a couple..... after updating the license key....

You probably didn't need to do that. Their licensing server is starting to work as of 15 minutes ago or so.

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
This was caused by hard disk issues on the license server. The affected window was from 9:06PM - 10:10PM EDT.

If you still have servers fail to start, please do
/usr/local/lsws/bin/lshttpd -r
to get a new license key.

It's also first time happened in years and happened at the worst time - holiday weekend. Our internal team got aware of this first through support tickets, but about 40 minutes delay. We started to investigate the issue around 9:50PM, and fixed at 10:10PM.

We will take actions to avoid this happening in the future. Exceptions caused by any internal server glitches should not affect clients. Exceptions like that shouldn't even be raised, since this has never happened before, so that part of logic has never been triggered .

After the hardware issue resolved, we then continue to check the code of LiteSpeed web server and the code of license validation on the license server. We discussed internally and got an action plan on what logic need to be fixed.

Sorry for late reply to this thread.

Please let us know if you still have issues.

We are terribly sorry for the situation.

Lauren

Status
Not open for further replies.