[Resolved] LS Enterprise lsphp5 permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously using Standard version of lsws this issue didn't exist, checked my install on my dev vm and permissions seem to be fine there. Just purchased and installed 2 Enterprise versions of lsws and both installs the permissions on the lsphp5 directory had no global access, all 750/640 etc. This played havoc with accessing php.ini under lsphp5/lib and also installing imagick under pecl.

Are there no global permissions set on lsphp5 on the Enterprise version for a reason?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Are you building lsphp5 from webadmin console? you are talking about permission of /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/ directory?
It looks like a umask issue with root user. please check "env | grep UMASK"

Yeah sorry should provide more detail. I am referring to the /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5 directory. I was building php56 from the webadmin console yes. No UMASK entries under root env and everything is performed under sudo as I don't have access to the root user but I have full sudo privileges to build the server.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
you can try "sudo env | grep UMASK", or try
"sudo mkdir temp_dir", see what permission you get for the temp_dir, then remove the temp_dir .

I did try env under sudo, nothing there. Creating a temp directory in lsws it is indeed created as 750 but the . and .. are 755.

If this is something environmental with my server setup then don't worry about it. I've modified the permissions of the lsphp5 dir and everything I need in there to resolve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.